Thursday, August 24, 2006

Antiterror?

This morning as I'm having a hard time being motivated to do work so I was killing time reading blogs. Recently I added Bruce Schneier to my blog roll. Today he posted the text of an article he had written for Wired Magazine about how terrorism has been affecting our lives. Its an interesting article that points to how we are letting terror into our lives and getting nervous everything 2 guys stand together checking their watches.

For some reason, reading this article made me wonder what that appropriate Christian response is to terrorism. Part of me says that no response is the appropriate one. We need show love and compassion in the world and not discriminate against people because of language, religion, or race. I think our job as Christians is to promote anti-terror responses that involve showing compassion to not only those who are frightened by the terrorists, but also for the terrorist themselves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home